From 1st January 2021 the rules has changed for EU citizens visiting, working or studying in the UK.! Newcomers need to apply for a Work Visa or in some cases a Student Visa.
Read more about it here

You can claim a tax refund online, by phone 0135 535 9022, 0300 200 3300 or by letter for tax years 6 April 2015 – 5 April 2016. 

To claim tax refund for year 2016/17 or 2017/18 you will need your P800 notification letter from the HMRC tax office. Read more about tax refund here.

---- Advertisement. ----
Compare Car, van, motor insurance prices on

Click here for a quote

Send this letter and the necessary documents to Pay As You Earn and Self Assessment HM Revenue and Customs BX9 1AS. You can also use a nominee’s (family or friend) UK bank account to receive your tax refund.

Example letter for Tax refund

∗Your name

Your address∗

Pay As You Earn and Self Assessment

To Whom It May Concern:

---- Advertisement. ----
Body repair, breaks, tyre, MOT and other services nationwide. Affordable prices. Book online at Kwik Fit.

Click here for more info

Re: Tax Refund claim for Your National Insurance number

I would like to claim a refund of overpaid tax for the year 2015/16.  Please find enclosed the following forms to assist with my claim:
P45  or  P60 Whichever you have or both

Employer Company’s name and address,∗

Employer’s PAYE reference number: xxx xxxxxxx You can find these letters and numbers on your P60/P45

Please advise whether any further information is required. Please post any refund to the
above address, or to the following bank details: Name on the bank account (your name if the account is yours) Your bank’s name and address  Sort Code: xx xx xx  Account number: xxxxxxx

Yours sincerely

Your signature

Your name Printed