If you are planning to continue your study in the UK, you have the option to apply for a student loan and help with the living cost.
You are eligible to apply for a student loan if you meet the following criteria:
If you are studying full-time at least 20 hours a week.
If you are studying part-time at university or college, you can apply for a student loan if the course intensity is at least 25%, and this must be verified by the institute.
You are a British national or have a settled or pre-settled status in the UK.
You can apply at any age.
And the course provides one of the following qualifications:
- First degree, e.g. BA, BSc or BEd;
- Foundation Degree;
- Certificate of Higher Education;
- Diploma of Higher Education (DipHE);
- Higher National Certificate (HNC);
- Higher National Diploma (HND);
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE);
- Initial Teacher Training (ITT).
After your enrolment is confirmed, the tuition fee will be sent directly to the university/college at the beginning of each semester.
If you drop out or are suspended, your student loan may be terminated and you may be required to make an immediate refund.
---- Advertisement. ----
Student Loan entitlement
Full time study
100% of tuition fee, up to £9,250/academic year.
Maintenance Loan up to £12,382. You can get maintenance loan only if you are British or have a settle status in the UK.
You are also allowed to work up to 20 hours per week.
Part time study
100% tuition fee, up to £6,935/academic year
How to apply for a student loan in England?
If you are a British citizen or have a settled status in the UK, can apply online through the Student loan Company website.
1. Create a personal account.
2. Log in and complete the application form.
3. Send your personal ID and other documents (for example P60) by post.
4. You will receive an approval letter within 6 weeks, which must be signed and returned.
If you are an EU citizen with a pre-settled status, you can apply by completing a Student finance form.
You can also apply for the next academic year, but once you have started this year study, you will have 9 months to apply.
You will repay the loan when your income is over £524 a week or £2274 a month (before tax). Your employer will automatically begin deducting 9% of your salary.