From 1st January 2021 the rules has changed for EU citizens visiting, working or studying in the UK.! Newcomers need to apply for a Work Visa or in some cases a Student Visa.
Read more about it here

If you are looking to continue your studies in London, you can choose from nearly 50 universities and 10,000 subjects. Undergraduate studies’ entry requirements and application process. Well known Universities in London.

Undergraduate study

Fees and Visas

---- Advertisement. ----

Fees for Home students for undergraduate courses are up to £9250/ year for 2021/22.

Overseas and EU student info: From the academic year 2021/2022, those who have settled or pre-settled status and have lived in the UK for at least 3 full years on the start date of the course, will be eligible to pay as a home student, which is £9250 per year. If you are not eligible, you will have to pay overseas student fees.

Fees for overseas students for undergraduate courses are around £18000 – £38000/ year for 2021/22.

Those who have settled or pre-settled status do not need a visa.

Student Visa

---- Advertisement. ----
Body repair, breaks, tyre, MOT and other services nationwide. Affordable prices. Book online at Kwik Fit.

Click here for more info

Newcomers, including EU citizens, must apply for a student visa in your home country within 6 months or in the UK within 3 months before your course begin. It takes about 3 weeks. The course must start within 28 days before your existing visa expiries if you are applying for a student visa within the UK.

The student visa fee is £348 if you apply in your own country or £475 if you apply within the UK. In addition, there is a £470 healthcare surcharge per year, which must be paid in advance for the entire duration of the visa.

Submit your application online here Student Visa. Read more about Student Visas here.

Education system

The British university education is based on a credit system. To get a diploma, you need 360 credits, although there are degrees that provide you with a higher education certificate after obtaining a certain number of credits e.g.: abandoned studies or achieving a score below 40%.

University studies usually takes 3 or 4 years of full-time studies (minimum of 20 hours / week). For part-time studies you must achieve a minimum of 30, maximum of 90 credits each year.

At the end of your studies, depending on your subject, you will get one of two types of  Bachelor’s degrees.

BA (Bachelor of Arts): This type of diploma requires less credits from compulsory subjects and gives you the opportunity to collect points from other subjects. Students are free to choose from a relatively large number of topics. It is typically for subjects such as arts, social studies, foreign languages and literature.

BSc (Bachelor of Science): This type of diploma requires the students to follow a fixed study plan and only have minimal choice of other subjects. The purpose of this form of education is to mirror the profession as much as possible, both in theory and in practice.
These include, for example engineering, computer science and mathematics.
Within these can be MBBS (medical), LLB (legal), BEng (engineering).

According to your performance’s results, you can obtain the following:
First degree (1st) 70% or more
Second upper degree (2.1) 60 – 69%
Second lower degree (2.2) 50 – 59%
Third grade (3rd) 40 – 49%

Adding subjects, exams, master’s degree.
Generally, each of the courses consist of compulsory and chosen subjects. You can apply for them at the beginning of every semester. Education consists of lectures, interactive lessons and exercises. At the end of each semester, you will be evaluated on written and / or verbal exams, also on essays / dissertations, that need to be submitted.

Master’s Degree – Postgraduate study
You can apply for a Master’s degree course if you already have an undergraduate degree. Full time studies can be completed in 1 year, part time studies at least 2 years. It can be education and research based (e.g.: doctor’s degree).

Entry requirements


To qualify for university education, you must successfully complete secondary school with A level – Advanced level GCSE or if you are an international student, have equivalent certificate (matura, diploma, etc). You must attach your certificate or a copy of it to your application.

International documents will be checked in a central database by the institute, although an official translation or verification of it may also be required. Get a Statement of Comparability by Enic. Fee for a statement is £60.
See how your grades match: Example for British A- level equivalents at Brighton university.

English language test

European Union citizens in general, need to take a written and a verbal test to help the university assess that your English skills are sufficient for your planned studies. It mainly depends on the chosen institution or subject, for example, medical courses and leading universities may have higher requirements.

If you have an English language certificate, attach it to your application. If the certificate is not in English, use an official translation office.

If you are an overseas or EU student and are required to have a student visa to study a degree or international foundation programme at a UK university or college, you may be asked to take a Secure English Language Test – SELT that has been approved by UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI), and taken at an approved SELT test centres.

Application process

The application process depends on whether you want to apply for an undergraduate or master degree.

Application for an Undergraduate Bachelor Degree course must be submitted through UCAS (Universities and Colleges Admissions Service) website
You are able to apply for up to 4 or 5 courses altogether, these can be at the same or different universities.
Application fee: Application for one course is £20, for more courses £26.

Find out the application deadline at UCAS website. It depends on what year you apply for and whether a course begins in September or January.
If you miss the deadline, you will be able to apply for UCAS CLEARING in August, when universities open their vacancies.

Well known Universities in London

  1.  University College London (UCL)
    In 2017, it was named as the 7th best university in the world. Located in central London, it is very popular amongst international students. The number of optional subjects and courses is outstanding. Education is research-based and many internationally renowned research professors attended here.
  2. Imperial College London
    This university ranks number 8 in the world. Mainly for engineering and natural science studies.
  3. King’s College London
    It is ranked 27th in the world. Popular among international students. Human, legal, and healthcare courses are most prevalent.
  4. London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE)
    This is the only university in England specialising in social studies. It is the 35th ranked in the world. Popular courses include: anthropology, politics, sociology, law and accounting.
  5. Queen Mary, University of London (QMUL)
    This university is ranked 127th amongst world universities. Mostly, it offers medical and dental courses. It has its own institutions in China, Greece and France.

There are many well known universities in England including:
University of Cambridge
University of Oxford
The University of Edinburgh
The University of Aberdeen

Further information visit UKCISA – UK Council for International Student Affairs.