Wifi hotspots in London.
Wifi on the London underground network and how to connect.
Internet access, printing, copying, faxing, passport photos and prices.
Well known internet cafes in London.
You can access free Wi-Fi or WiFi hotspot in most busy areas such as McDonald’s, Cafe Nero, Costa coffee, most cafes, restaurants, pubs, airports, some train lines, long-distance coaches and train/underground stations.
Well known providers with mobile apps are: Sky Wifi | The Cloud, O2 WIFI, Virgin Media Wifi, BT Wifi free for BT, EE and Vodafone customers. Find your nearest wifi access with mobile app Wifi Map.
Wifi on London Underground
Virgin Media Wi-Fi is available at most underground (tube/metro/subway) stations in ticket halls, corridors, on escalators and station platforms but not in tunnels between stations. You can get free Virgin Media WiFi if you are a Virgin Mobile, Virgin Broadband, EE, Vodafone, O2 or Three mobile network customer. If you are with any other network you can purchase a virgin wifi pass on the tube. Prices are £2 a day, £5 a week or £15 for 2 months (special offer).
How to sign on to Virgin Media Wifi if you are with:
- Virgin Media Broadband: you will need your ‘My Virgin Media’ email address and password
- Virgin Mobile: you will need your Virgin Mobile ‘Your Account’ email address and password
- EE, T-Mobile and Orange: To activate pay as you go EE, T-Mobile, Orange wifi account, send an SMS to 9527, enter: EEWIFI, will receive a unique password that you need to enter along with your mobile number.
- Vodafone: you will need your My Vodafone account username and password
- O2: you’ll need to be registered for O2 WiFi – download the app- and have your O2 phone number
- Three: You will need to set up a password first, go to your My3 account and select ‘Free Wi-Fi on the London Underground’ and follow the instructions.
- WiFi Pass: To set up a WiFi Pass account you will need your email address and to create a password. After the set up you will be able to buy a WiFi Pass to get access.
Internet access, printing, copying, faxing, passport photos in London
Computer access with internet and Printing are available at Internet cafes, libraries, airports. Prices are for internet access is about £1 – £2 per hour, for printing is around 10p – £1 per page.
Photocopying and printing services are available at Internet cafes, libraries, Ryman stationary stores and some local newsagents. Price for copying starts at around 15p per page.
---- Advertisement. ----
Scanning and Faxing are mainly available at Internet cafes, libraries and some local newsagents. Prices for scanning are around 50p per page and for faxing around 50p – £2 per page.
Passport photo services are usually available at shopping centres and photo stores – well known ones include Snappy snap and Timpsons. You can also use photo booths, these are generally located at post offices, large train stations and shopping centres. Passport photo prices are around £6 – £10 per 4-5 photos.
Internet cafes: you can find your nearest internet cafe on google or in phone books such as yell.com. Well known ones in the centre of London include:
- Internet Cafe London 4 Little Portland London W1W 7JB,
- Copy Express 30B Great Sutton St, Clerkenwell, London EC1V 0DU
- Maryland Internet Cafe 69 Leytonstone Rd, London E15 1JA
- Webnet Internet Cafe 71 Green Lanes, Harringay, London N4 1DU
Order your laptop, printer, mobile phone online: